Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Bra Named Indigo


A BRA NAMED INDIGO. 

Some of you may follow my blogging at The Sisterhood of the Traveling Bras. It began as a simple photo project for a class and a little bit of a protest and was a lot about ME and where I was in my life five or so years ago....but it was not about breast cancer. This little projectt grew into something else with a mind of it's own. And then.... I discovered a lump in my right breast and everything changed. 

I don't think I had a choice. I doubt the Sisterhood would have let me pretend life was normal and fine. The girls declared we would document my cancer experience. I would take my camera to every doctor's appointment and infusion and whatever else and I would take pictures. I would blog my experience. Yet, I needed a companion to help me... and Indigo the Bra was born. Indigo is like Jennifer the Traveling Bra. She craves BLING! The idea is for people to send me pins or charms or key-rings, etc.... instead of a get well card. The BLING! represents love and prayers and well wishes. I pin the BLING! to Ms. Indigo and she flaunts it in her medical related photo sessions. 

That is how it works. I love Indigo.




If anyone reading this would like to contribute to Indigo the Bra's BLING! It On! Project, you may send us some BLING! at: 
Tina Gardner
4094 So. 950 W.
Riverdale, UT 84405.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment