Friday, April 6, 2012

Recent Photo Shoots

I have been taking pictures! I have taken my camera with me 85% of the time. In the last two weeks, I have taken about 2500 images and I am so far behind in processing. I have two, possibly three, more portrait sessions coming up, and, yeah, I am excited!

Where do I start? What set of images do I share first?

How about the first one?

 
This is baby Zofia. We did this shoot at the Albuquerque Botanical Gardens. We had hoped for lots of Spring Blossoms, but the Daffodils were all that were in bloom.


Everyone loves this image of Zofia in the Tub. I don't know.... I played with it a lot in photo shop to make it look like I wanted it to, but.... I just don't know. I find that with each new photo shoot, I become more critical of my work. That's a good thing. It means I am growing and developing my skills. I am questioning whether I truly have what it takes to make it in a very competitive field. Each time I do a shoot, I have two goals. The most obvious one is to give my clients 12 to 15 processed images that they will cherish. The other goal, is to get ONE picture that I can use in my portfolio. Something that says, "WOW. I want Indigo Studios to be MY photographer." I want to build my portfolio. I want to be in demand!

This is another version of Zofia in the Tub (In a Parking Lot....) Because it is an old wash tub in an unusual location with lots of neutral background, I decided to process it with a vintage look.



Subtle, but a different crop.....

A tired baby at the end of our shoot. Z is for Zofia. I have a newborn image of her similar to this one and I hope to get two more before she turns one.

No comments:

Post a Comment