Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 7/46 Non-Conformist

This week's M4H's challenge theme was a wild card... choose whatever we wanted. Usually, I wait til the last minute to look at my week in photos to choose the image that to me is about the theme. However, I am posting today. My personal theme is NONCONFORMITY or nonformist.

non·con·form·ist (n n k n-fôr m st). n. 1. One who does not conform to, or refuses to be bound by, accepted beliefs, customs, or practices.

....and here is my photograph for week #7:

 I do have a different title for this picture. It could have been BROKEN HEARTED. But I am a nonconformist like this conversation heart. Today is Valentine's Day and I refuse to be one of the crowd who gets depressed because they don't have a Sweetheart. This is a commercial holiday, but truly, love should be recognized daily, not just with that someone special one day each year, but with your friends and family and even random strangers through kindness, words and thoughts all the time.

I am not going to curl up and say DON'T touch me, Don't come near, Don't love me..... like this heart appears to be doing.  I'm going to make this day and each day special as I hand out love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment