Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 5/48 Simplicity.....

This week the 52 Week Challenge theme at My Four Hens was {SIMPLICITY.} The first thing that came to my mind was the pattern company Simplicity. I considered digging out some old vintage Simplicity patterns and taking a picture, but I never got around to it. I have been sick and ten days ago was in the hospital. I have very little energy and, sad to say, I have not done much with my camera in two weeks. This morning I woke up feeling I had failed the challenge this week until I remembered this series of sewing photos. They were taken in November, so they are not NEW, but under the circumstances, I decided to use this image.


I also considered other images I have taken lately that could fit the theme of {SIMPLICITY} and I thought of this peacock feather. A month ago, El Jay and I went to the zoo. It was dark and overcast and late in the day. There weren't many people there. The Peacocks and Peahens were putting on a show for us and El Jay found a tail feather. He asked if he could keep it and I said we had to turn it in before we left, but he could carry it around until then. Almost immediately a woman swooped down on us and told us it was illegal to even pick them up and took it away. I asked if I could take a picture of El Jay with the feather and was told yes. Then the lady asked if El Jay wanted to go with her to the Zoo Education Center. We followed her and turned the feather in.

 Original Feather with a little cropping and a little basic saturation and contrast added.  
This image is simplicity at it's best!
 El Jay with his feather.
And finally, getting complicated, the background turned indigo, 
with text and a frame to use as my logo.

Lately, because I have been sick, I have had to simplify life and let everything except priority stuff go. Simplicity was a good theme for me for this week. 52-Weeks is a long time to do anything and there will be other weeks when I may feel it is necessary to post from my archives, just so I do post. I figure an old image is better than NO image at all.

PLUS, I didn't want to join the Flickr group created for the challenge. I feel I have an online gallery or four and don't need to add another one. I also, didn't want to feel I needed to comment on the pictures--I do that at SMUGMUG. Instead, I post this blog link on My Four Hens' Facebook wall. I think I have to belong to the group if I want to be one of the featured images or be the #1 foto that week and win a prize. SO, really I am doing this for ME, not expecting any pats on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment