Saturday, February 25, 2012

Let There Be Light

The theme for week EIGHT of the My Four Hens 52-Week Challenge was LIGHT. About three or four  minutes after Sarah announced the new theme (she was in Vegas and posted the theme late....She was also inspired by the Vegas lights for this theme.) I knew what I'd post. mu choice wasn't immediate. It took me a few minutes to realize I didn't have to think of an idea for the picture. I had the picture already.

A week ago the boys and I drove to Denver so Jeddy could go to an Anthony Green concert. The concert was at the Bluebird Theatre in downtown old Denver. I love neon and really loved the marquee at the Blue Bird. As we were driving down Colfax Ave, we passed the Bluebird and the neon sign lights were not on yet. I joked that I hoped they worked. We parked the car around the block and  as we turned the corner onto Colfax the lights magically turned on, just for Jeddy and me.

{This is my entry for WEEK 8: LIGHT}


Here are a few more Jeddy related pictures from the Denver trip:





 This is Jeddy Grant. As a child I called him my gentle giant. He was a calm, soft-hearted, big for his age little boy. He is now 17 and  6'1". Soft-hearted, very busy and loud, but in a musical way.  He is the LIGHT in my life... or one of my SIX individual, unique lights.....You can see his inner light looking into his green eyes in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment