Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Indigo's 30-Day Challenge #1




Each Month for the next 12-months I am going to challenge myself (and anyone else who wants to participate) in a 30-day challenge. Each month there will be a new theme worked around one of the basic elements of photography. I’ll post a daily photo at SMUGMUG. Plus once each week I’ll post one here. You may post pictures as often as you like on the Facebook Challenge Wall and I encourage other participants to critique what is posted. Each month I will select my favorite picture and give a small prize.

I know life gets busy. If you want to join in you don’t have to participate in each monthly challenge. I am requesting that the pictures you submit are taken during that month. It may be confusing, but the first challenge will go from March 22th thru April 30th.

Month #1
So, You Want To Be A Photographer?

I’ve been reading various blogs and the best advice I’ve found is the most simple. Get to know your camera and take it everywhere you go.

This month my goal is to take my camera everywhere I go for 30+ days. That is all I am asking you to do. Well, and hopefully, take some pictures.

If you want, like me, you can challenge yourself to shoot only on manual. I use the automatic mode 75% of the time, but I want to get comfortable with selecting the ISO, F-stop, and shutter speed. I want to experience what my camera is capable of. I will most likely use auto focus all the time. I will play with all the settings to see what they do and learn the best way to utilize them.

I think this is a great way to begin.

  The image at the top was one of the first pictures I took using my new camera. When El Jay came home from school that day he gave me the red chili and this Spring blossom. I played with both in Photo Shop. Perhaps, I should challenge myself to shoot a few pictures that I plan to post SOOC. I may take the new camera back, because it appears to have a few dust spots on the sensor.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Good luck with your challenges! I might send some challenge ideas your way if I think of any for you.

    ReplyDelete