Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oh... Look.... It's SO Sparkly!


Being an adult with ADHD people who know me joke that it just takes a little sparkle to gain my attention and.... I am off following something else. So, you would've thought the theme for Wk 12 would've caught my attention.... Right....?

The theme for WK 12 of the M4H 52 WK Challenge was {SPARKLE}. I have to admit that as the weeks have gone by I've gotten less excited about doing this challenge--but I think that would be the case with any challenge. You know, a little bling.... a little glitz and the sparkle catches my attention and I am gone.  I have started my own on-going 30-day photography challenge (I'll have a theme or challenge for 30-days at a time and at the end of the 30-days, I'll start a new 30-day challenge with a new theme....more info to come soon!) This way I will challenge myself to grow in the areas I need to grow. I'll continue to post almost daily at the SMUGMUG Daily Forum and to follow along with the My Four Hens or other challenges when I feel inspired.

It seems that each week I struggle to get a photog for the M4H challenge. I did not have the {SPARKLE} image until Sunday morning, March 25. I was walking along Rt 66 in Nobhill, making images of old hotel signs and I noticed that if I positioned the camera just right a ray of sun would shoot thru a pinhole sized crack in this sign..... creating a spectacular sunburst. My mind said, "EWWW.... sparkly!" The pigeons add some interest, along with the various textures and the sky. If you considering the theme is Sparkle, and you associate Sparkle to things more glamorous,then  this one small sunburst  coming thru a beat-up, no longer useful, pigeon roost sign is a huge contrast to true bling.... Perhaps the message is that no matter how bad things are, there will always be sunshine on a new day.

Here are a few more images from my stroll down Central Ave/Rt 66.....



No comments:

Post a Comment