Sunday, January 22, 2012

INSPIRATION

WEEK3/50 {INSPIRATION}

I managed to shoot last weeks image within minutes of reading the theme for the week. How cool was that? I was not inspired to pick up the camera and shoot again during the week. I thought about it, had some images I wanted to do, but it was my first week back in school and I chose to give homework the priority.

After reading the BLOG POST about the theme for week three. I sat for a few minutes searching my brain for ideas. What was INSPIRATIONAL to me? What inspired me? What was I going to photograph? I had a few ideas, but nothing concrete and knew I'd just have to carry the camera around with me taking pictures until  I got the inspirational photo.

I stood up to go into the kitchen and as I turned around the light coming thru the window in the music room was hitting Jeddy's auto-harp which was sitting on the couch.  And presto, inspiration hit. I grabbed the camera and began shooting. It was truly one of those moments when turning around was the best thing I could do. We often miss the best things, because we never stop to look at what is behind us....

Jeddy lives, breathes and sleeps music. For Jeddy music is like photography for me. A year ago when the house was broken into his bass and electric guitar were taken. And for a while the house was quiet and his music wasn't as joyful. It took seven months to save up enough money to replace just one of those instruments (I still have not had enough money to replace my camera, which was also stolen. But a stranger, who I knew only from an online photo site, loaned me his back up camera...) Jeddy and I went into Encore Music at least once a month during that time to look at the guitars and finally he chose the Luna Trinity Electric Acoustic Guitar which is in this weeks INSPIRATIONAL photo. . When I asked him the name, he didn't know yet. I named off a series of triads, things that come in threes and, surprisingly, he picked Maiden, Mother, Crone for the guitar's new name.

Jeddy inspires me to do better. His love of music is inspirational and I know he will succeed in life with whatever he decides to do and be. He plans to go to Berklee School of Music. He would like to be a professional musician. But he has also talked about going into Music Therapy and working with children thru music. I think he would be awesome doing either of those things.

As I was shooting pictures last Sunday, I shot the auto-harp and I continued to turn and see what other things inspired me. Of course, I saw the guitar and shot it and it became the picture I decided to use along with an older one of Jeddy bowing after he sang the opening song at the Fall school play. Someone asked what happened to the auto harp? So, I have included a couple of those shots, too.





This is Prudence. 
You can read more about her and the SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING BRAS 
by following this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment