Friday, January 13, 2012

This is LIFE

This is the image I selected for the 2nd week of the challenge at My Four Hens. I've already posted this image, but here it is again. 
This is my choice. 

Why did I choose this one over the other two?  
It had more of an impact on me when I thought of life and what life means to me. Playing with Life-vs-Death.... As soon as we are born, we begin to watch for our  own death. None of us know when our lives will end. The Deathwatch Beetle made a contrast to living. I wanted something a little different. I used an image of EL Jay in Week one's challenge.... you know, there's a bit of a list for my WHY. So, WHY not?

This is Spencer. He is a local graffiti  artist. He is trying to make a living from his art. I processed this in a contrasty black & white, partly to cut out background noise, but also for the starkness B&W creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment