Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolution

res·o·lu·tion
noun /ˌrezəˈlo͞oSHən/ 
resolutions, plural
  1.  A firm decision to do or not to do something
  2.  The action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter
  3.  An explanation, as of a problem or puzzle; a solution.
  4.  The degree of detail visible in a photographic or television image

Normally,  I don't make New Years Resolutions. I do set goals, but I don't limit setting them to the beginning of the year. I make goals when I feel I need to make them. Sometimes my goals are successful. Sometimes they are not.

I have a long list of my photography goals for 2012. I'll come back at another time and share my plans. However, I have a couple I feel I will be able to accomplish.

I will continue to post daily--or nearly daily--in the Smugmug Daily Community. I've been doing this for over three years. I don't post a new picture everyday. I don't even post everyday. I post when I can and I try to post something no older than a few weeks. This works for me.

I am also planning to do a weekly thing with My Four Hens Project 52. The theme for Week One  was Resolution. I took the picture of El Jay that I posted below on January 2nd at Rincanada Canyon. The RESOLUTION in this picture is: This year I will laugh more. 2011 was not a year with much laughter for me. It was a very tough year--in January the house broken into and all my camera gear was stolen, my new lap top, Jeddy's electric guitar and bass, small electronics, jewelry, the wedding dress from my 2nd marriage (LOL). The insurance only covered damages. We spent June and July in Los Angeles testifying at a trial--yes, he (the 2nd Wusband) was convicted and is gone. During sentencing Jeddy said it had been a long time since he had seen his mom smile or laugh and he wanted to see me smile and laugh again. I want that too!The list goes on. I was ready months ago to move on and for a new life...... Maybe not a NEW life, but I will succeed in 2012 to make life better for my family. Wanna guess what Week Two's theme is?
It is LIFE.


RESOLUTION:
I will learn to smile and laugh again.

(more pics from our hike in Rincanada Canyon)


We discovered these tracks and were curious what type of animal made these. 
It was a good exercise for El Jay to look online. They were too small for a bear and too big for a raccoon.
Can you guess what made them? A human. Using their fist and fingers.



Jeddy thought that with a good caption this one could be a meme.
How would you caption it?


No comments:

Post a Comment